Fall Color

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Post your autumn foliage pics here!

Here's some of mine from the past few years

George Rogers Marine Park, Lake Oswego 2012
7091424_orig.jpg

Laurelhurst Park, October 2013
2097693_orig.jpg

Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, September 2012
9298626_orig.jpg

I-205 Overlook at Willamette Falls, OR 2013
9550235_orig.jpg

Geese at a lake in Milwaukie, OR 2013
5464137_orig.jpg

6797176_orig.jpg

8905863_orig.jpg

Chad

Is it just my (mis)perception or are we having a very late autumn up here in the upper Puget Sound region? It seems as though very few of the trees in the lowlands have turned color yet. I really noticed it yesterday when I drove to SeaTac to pick up my wife. Hardly any trees on Beacon Hill next to I-5 had turned yellow.

Is it just my (mis)perception or are we having a very late autumn up here in the upper Puget Sound region? It seems as though very few of the trees in the lowlands have turned color yet. I really noticed it yesterday when I drove to SeaTac to pick up my wife. Hardly any trees on Beacon Hill next to I-5 had turned yellow.

i dunno if it's "late", Bill - we often don't see much till late October/early November - but so far definitely not much color here in the lowlands. sadly, it's mostly gone up in the mountains... didn't last long at all up there this year!

I go to the Edmonds marsh nearly every day to photograph birds. The marsh has a special autumn look all its own when the cattails and rushes turn brown and the cattail fuzz is backlit by the low, late afternoon autumn sun.

The tall trees with the poofy tops are on the fish hatchery grounds. The one on the right is the raptor tree where I have photographed eagles, hawks, falcons, and osprey. 01.JPG

02.JPG

I experimented with different white balance settings on the camera and Picasa's auto contrast feature in an attempt to portray what I saw.
03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:
Nice captures Bill! I've been wondering about the Marsh colors up there.

I took this photo at a lake in SE Portland about a month ago...
7188681_orig.jpg

Fall color is starting to peak here however, sunny weather has disappeared for the time being. A series of powerful storms continue to move through. We'll see if there's anything left of fall color after these events.

Chad

Last edited:
The autumn colors of the marsh really come out at sunset.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Monday (11/10/14) the first Seattle to Everett Sounder of the day rolled past the marsh into Edmonds at sunset. For the next 3+ months our local commuters will be in the Dark Ages, when they leave for work and return home in the dark.

04.JPG

I barely made it down to the marsh in time for the sunset. It is supposed to be clear and cold again today, so I'll go down to the marsh an hour earlier and set up with a wide angle lens for better shots.

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back