PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I finally got images from my last tour of the year online. In this case, it was my September Great Bear Rainforest tour. For those not familiar with the Great Bear, it's a region of coastal British Columbia that is most famous as the primary home of the spirit bear. But there are black bears, grizzlies and loads of other wildlife... combined with some spectacular scenery.

For this tour we live on a boat for a week-and-a-half and cruise around the islands and inlets looking for wildlife. It's a very fun trip.

See the full gallery of 100 new photos from this trip here. A short preview is below.

A chubby black bear heading back to a creek for more salmon.
bearamericanblack0919greatbear39.jpg

Juvenile Bald Eagle taking off in the rainforest.
eaglebald0919greatbear22.jpg

Bonaparte's Gull
gullbonapartes0919greatbear2.jpg

A male grizzly bear that went exactly where we asked.
beargrizzly0919greatbear40.jpg

...and then decided to rest for a bit in the water.
beargrizzly0919greatbear55.jpg

American mink
minkamerican0919greatbear6.jpg

The spirit bear!
bearspirit0919greatbear39.jpg

See the full Great Bear Rainforest 2019 gallery.

Max

Good photos. I saw a TV show on the Great Bear Rain Forest not too long ago. A white coat would usually be a disadvantage for an animal to survive in the wild. There is a theory that the white coats of spirit bears are an advantage in that they make them more difficult to be seen by salmon under the water

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com