GreenBridge

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

Within the city limits of Eugene, I found this dilapidated foot bridge, crossing the headwaters of Amazon Creek.

I saw the shot I wanted when I first glimpsed at the bridge, but in order to get the snap I had to take my shoes off, and climb into the creek with my tripod, ducking 'neath a tunnel of blackberries that had grown over the water. To say it was cold, doesn't do the sensation justice!

I think it was worth it, though. I really love the result.:)

Canon 20-35mm @20mm, ISO 100, 6sec. f22

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the boots off and getting in there. I always enjoy that little bit of glow that one sometimes sees in the water beneath things. I see it here and appreciate that you caught it.

Thanks, Janice. I'm glad you see the magic glow. The water being so muddy actually helped that effect, I think.

I wish I could have backed up even more, to catch the ends of the bridge, but I was as far back as I could be, which was only about 3 ft away.

Thanks for the comment :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back