Greetings From Ferndale!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Diamondindykin

Hi Everyone........My name is Connie and I live in Ferndale, Washington. I am originally from Colorado but I have lived here for 14 years.

I have always had a love for photography but have not gotten serious until just a few months ago. I am interested in landscape photography mostly. My other passion is horses & cats and I love to photograph them as well.

I would like to learn as much as I can this winter so I can take some photography trips next summer. I am interested in finding a local professional photographer to take some classes from to help me on my way!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, this is a great place to sponge up info. a wonderful, helpful group of people

welcome aboard, Connie... there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to share what they know! we have folks here who shoot portraits, landscapes and nature, sports, animals, you name it... if you're into landscape photography, that's what i do most, so i may be able to offer a few tips here and there... ;)

Welcome, and I'd be more than happy to spend time helping you on your way in informal type classes. No charge even. :) Only condition is you'd have to come down south to Everett.

Welcome to the forum Connie.

My first suggestion is obvious. Ask questions here. You can learn at your own pace, and cover subjects that you're interested in. You'll often get a range of answers, and we usually have somebody who's well versed in just about any photography subject, since we have a range of photographers here.

As for classes, I'll let somebody from up that way talk about them, though I will mention that Nikon School will be in Seattle in January. That's just a one day class, or two if you take the advanced session, but it's pretty good stuff! We were just talking about it in another thread, so have a look there.

Welcome, and I'd be more than happy to spend time helping you on your way in informal type classes. No charge even. :) Only condition is you'd have to come down south to Everett.

Thank you for the generous offer!! I may just have to take you up on it. I will send you a PM soon (I am at work right now) and we can talk. Thanks again :)

Welcome to the forum Connie.

My first suggestion is obvious. Ask questions here. You can learn at your own pace, and cover subjects that you're interested in. You'll often get a range of answers, and we usually have somebody who's well versed in just about any photography subject, since we have a range of photographers here.

As for classes, I'll let somebody from up that way talk about them, though I will mention that Nikon School will be in Seattle in January. That's just a one day class, or two if you take the advanced session, but it's pretty good stuff! We were just talking about it in another thread, so have a look there.

I have been struggling trying to find classes up here other than our local community college which I missed enrolling by a day so I will have to wait until the end of January for them.

I did see the thread about the Nikon School and I am thinking about going both days. Do you think that it really matters that I have all Canon gear?!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back