Hello from Chris Pribbernow Pacific NW Photography

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Hello everyone. I specialize in wilderness photography featuring alpine mountain scenery and wildlife in the Pacific Northwest, though I still love to take many photos of other scenery, like of beaches and skylines.

I am a Mountaineer and I go on a ton of hikes, and take a lot of good photos. So any hikers out there would love my photos.

Please check out my Facebook page. I posted all my best photos on there of things like wilderness scenery, wildlife, wildflowers, beaches, and more!

Don't forget to click on the "Like" button on the top of the page!

http://www.facebook.com/PribbernowPhotography

I posted some sample photos, too. They are on page 2 of this thread

Last edited:
Thanks. I never knew about this site until I randomly Googled it.

Some people have had troubles seeing my photos. You got to have a Facebook account and might even have to "like" the page.

Some people have had troubles seeing my photos. You got to have a Facebook account and might even have to "like" the page.

sounds like you might want to set up an account with a web-hosting site like Photobucket or Zenfolio. not everyone wants to mess with Facebook... besides, with a web-hosting account, you can post images directly into your threads, and they'll be visible immediately to people who want to have a look. ;)

I got Flickr but not all my photos are on there yet and something happened to my hard drive. I am using a new hard drive right now and all of my photos are on my old drive. So my Facebook page is really the only place that has all my best photos at the moment, until I get things moved from my old drive onto my new one.

sounds like you might want to set up an account with a web-hosting site like Photobucket or Zenfolio. not everyone wants to mess with Facebook... besides, with a web-hosting account, you can post images directly into your threads, and they'll be visible immediately to people who want to have a look. ;)

Rocky is correct, a lot of people don't like FB for a variety of reasons. You're also limited to a resolution of 720 pixels wide, which may not allow you to show the true quality of your images, since when they're that small a lot of the details get lost.

There are plenty of free and low cost image hosting options out there. Flickr is the first one that comes to mind, also Zenfolio, Photobucket, etc. You can also post your images here, directly, as an attachment.

I would also suggest you make you FB page visible to everyone without them having to like it first. Doing that makes it seem too much like one of those FB apps that posts junk to your account without permission. Would you "like" a page, sight unseen? I know I won't...

Let folks look at the photos first, then they can like them if they see fit. You'll most likely get more visitors that way, and more likes too in the long run. (Don't forget, even if you force folks to like the page to see the images, they can just as quickly click "unlike" if they're not impressed...)

Every time you put any additional step in front of potential viewers (click here to see my photos, sign up for Facebook, like my page) you lose a lot of people. Make it as simple and easy as possible. Your photos will speak for themselves, and then they will want to explore more, sign your guestbook, etc, etc.

Beautiful shots. Much easier to view here than having to jump through hoops to see.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back