Hello from Oregon City!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

naffle

Hello all! I'm glad I found a bunch of local photographers! I've always loved photography and was finally able to convince my husband to let me spend the $ on an SLR. I'm fortunate enough to have several friends who use and are proficient with Nikon's, so I settled on the D40 to get me started. I'm sure I'll be upgrading in a few years, but this will always be my favorite first.

ETA Oops.. photo of course..

This is a once in a lifetime shot to get it at this perfect time. The part that impresses me the most is that you can see a wall of water being hit by drops from the explosion and creating ripples.

waterballoon.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, Naffle.

What am I looking at? :) A burst water balloon? It's a wonderful, ripply shot of a BIG handful of water. Very clear. Must have been quite a challenge to set up. Or did you just get lucky? :D We are having a photo contest for June--the subject is water. Looks like you are off to a good start. ;) Enjoy your stay here. C.

Welcome Naffle.

I new here also and have found a talented group of photographers. Now I can add you as well.

Like Cher, I'm wondering where the source is. I'm leaning towards a water balloon too. Great capture.

I don't know if I want her to enter that shot in the contest. :) If she does, everyone else will take one look at her shot and simply give up! I know I will...

What an incredible shot! How did you time it so precisely? How many tries did it take?

:) Thanks for the compliments.. Yes it is a water balloon that my daughter was holding. It took one attempt, and it was quite by accident. We didn't start it up by saying that's what we were trying to do, we just did it. Please let me enter the contest. ;)

And I'm a first time-er on digital SLR's and have only been using it since Feb.

Here's my first picture taken:
squirrel.jpg

And if this is not Ok, I'll edit this out, but here are a couple more where IMHO I think I got lucky with the shot and lighting:

stones.jpg

grenades.jpg

duck.jpg

I just love these.

And once again you have given me reason to pause. Photo 3? It's beautiful and I haven't a clue what I am looking at! You will have to enlighten me. The duck shot is wonderful. Beautifully lit. Is 3 someone shooting buckshot at water? LOL Those spheres look like little eggs but they are too clear and fragile. Keep us guessing. :D C.

Last edited:
And once again you have given me reason to pause. Photo 3? It's beautiful and I haven't a clue what I am looking at! You will have to enlighten me. The duck shot is wonderful. Beautifully lit. Is 3 someone shooting buckshot a water? LOL Those spheres look like little eggs but they are too clear and fragile. Keep us guessing. :D C.

:)

Again, I got lucky with the duck.. I was at Lacamas Lake in Camas Washington around sunset... I just wanted a picture because I liked the muted colors and then he stretched..

Water balloons on a slip-n-slide being sprayed with water. We all had a lot of fun this last weekend in the sunshine. My lawn was very well watered in one strip. Thank you for the compliment.. I am able to thumb my nose at the hubby for the grief given to me over the cost of all my camera gear. ;)

Now I see it... hahahah.

Once you know what you are looking at, it becomes clear. :rolleyes: That squirrel posed for your first shot? Wasn't he nice? All of mine run the other way! :eek: Nice showing hubby you can do something right, right? ;) C.

Once you know what you are looking at, it becomes clear. :rolleyes: That squirrel posed for your first shot? Wasn't he nice? All of mine run the other way! :eek: Nice showing hubby you can do something right, right? ;) C.

The squirrels are pretty friendly at my office, they actually try to come inside if they think we're willing to feed them. I have a couple more of him looking at me waiting to drop him some food.

The rules have now been posted in the contest section...

If your photo was taken in June, you can enter it in the contest. The real idea is to go out and take a photo after you've heard the theme, i.e. shoot specifically for the contest. I don't know if you did that with your shot or not.

The contest is just for fun. There's no prize other than the satisfaction of winning.

Nope, I took this photo on the 31st of May and just only heard of the contest, so I'm going to be honest and do it right. :) Let's see if I can get lucky with another shot.. it's too bad that after the 90 degree weather we had last weekend, this weekend is supposed to be much cooler.. too bad my children will have to endure *cackle!*

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back