Hello From The Midwest!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mr Mac

Hi all! My name is Mac and I am more of a novice photographer than anything else! Many years ago while stationed on the small island of Okinawa I bought my first SLR (Minolta X-700) and had myself a good old time! I had that camera for so many years and one day it decided it had taken its last shot so now I'm on the hunt for a new digital SLR.

We used to live in the PNW (Medford, Oregon, Oak Harbor, and Everett, WA) but had to move back to the Midwest because of family issues. Those are no longer issues and we are looking to get back to WA as soon as the good Lord lets us! By the way, in my spare time I am an ordained Baptist pastor and teach a Wednesday night bible study at a very small church here in Harrisburg.

If you think you've heard of Harrisburg, IL it may be because we were in the news this past Leap Day when a tornado ripped through town and tore up a lot of stuff including the corner of my small house! Here, I'll include one of my photos for you.

For the record, the homeowners were safe.
DSC07421.png

I love to take photographs as well as snap pictures and love to share them with others and even like to receive a critique now and then to get better so don't feel bad about offering pointers!

I have a wife and four kids and we love to travel, camp, hunt, fish, hike, etc. All the stuff that lends itself to taking pictures!

That's it for now! Look forward to sharing and learning!

Mac

Welcome Mac. Sorry to hear about the tornado damage. I have friends and family in the Midwest including an old friend in southern IL but never been through a tornado there. The good thing about getting cameras these days is there are a lot of options including MILCs.

Welcome to the forum... We are spending our last night in tornado country, (until next year), tonight and are lucky, (in my opinion), to be untouched by any of the severe storms this year. We have a lot of very nice family photos and senior portraits and enjoyed some lovely, mild weather.

So welcome and let's see more of your shots!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back