Hello, My name is Kirk and I'm a Photography junky!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Shooter

Thought I would join this site as it's local and has some good discussion potential :)
I shoot almost everything, in other words I'm not stuck on one or two styles.

Here's some Example of my work.

969837731_UvJUb-XL.jpg

414688285_FcFqe-L.jpg

371410011_5eurk-L-2.jpg

458056447_aNUWJ-L-1.jpg

438512931_BZZ3H-L-1.jpg

479153701_JQNMj-L-1.jpg

497887692_5kiD4-L.jpg

659843169_H9MeL-L-1.jpg

666147232_j4bTu-L-2.jpg

1076958548_yGtjU-L.jpg

Peace.

Last edited:
Hello Kirk, and welcome to another one of my websites. :)

I think you'll enjoy this place, it's become quite active and interesting.

Thanks for posting some samples of your work, you've got some really great images there! I like them all, but the one of Upper Tipsoo Lake really impresses me, since I've shot there a few times and know that things had to be just perfect for you to get that image...

You're welcome, we're a warm and friendly bunch here. We try real hard to not have the snide comments and snarkiness you find on some photo sites. So far it's been working well.

great examples ... do you shoot dogs??
(LMAO sorry, personal joke) if you don't we'll soon get you doing that too

WELCOME to the NUTHOUSE

great examples ... do you shoot dogs??
(LMAO sorry, personal joke) if you don't we'll soon get you doing that too

WELCOME to the NUTHOUSE

Thanks, No, don't shoot dog's unless they're wild like Coyote's or Wolves, or my wife ask me to shoot our's, then she usually does it with her phone because I take to long. :rolleyes:

well, the rule around here, once you've proven you can take a picture, then you come shoot for me in the dungeon, and we really put your talents to work LOL

nope, no additional lights allowed,
you only get the ambient
you have to take in focus shots of fast moving small subjects going 30+ mph at times
you use ISO 6400 - 12800, f/2.8 and hope you maintain a shutter speed of 1/250th
now you know why we call it a dungeon :)

Nina photographs dog agility trials just about every weekend. From a photographer's point of view, that works something like this:

1) Find a nice dark barn or arena.
2) Light it with some 50 watt lightbulbs spaced randomly.
3) The dogs run as fast as they can. Of course, since she often does national competitions, they're the fastest of the fast. Black ones are especially challenging.

Your job, should you choose to accept it. Get a good photo...

Shutter Speed 1/250th to freeze the motion. Aperature F 2.8, and if somebody made a 70-200 f1.4, Nina would buy it. ISO as high as she'll go, and you're all set. :)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Susan Sarandon??? Really?? awesom and love the Shasta Shot and a bunch of others...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Susan Sarandon??? Really?? awesom and love the Shasta Shot and a bunch of others...

Thanks!
Actually it's Mt. Rainier

Yes Susan Sarandon, that was a fun night.
I clamped off my still camera to match the framing of the studio video camera I was running to get these. :)

Here's a few more from the event.

479153903_wSHF7-L-1.jpg

479153577_ehf8J-L-1.jpg

479153605_q8m9T-L-1.jpg

479153574_gw5it-L-1.jpg

479374012_wn9vj-L.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back