Herding Ducks

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went to the Herding Trials in Battleground on Saturday to pinch hit that day for Nina. So nice to shoot on the perfect day with a softbox sky.

The traits of wolves has been refined to make them great herding dogs. This one reminded me of a wolf.

(Yes, I know the highlights are blown out)
5947086662_6a4f889d17_b.jpg

Back to the ducks. Not all that is herded are sheep. I think herding ducks is more difficult.

They get their directions.
5947058883_5cc804203d_b.jpg

Sometimes it takes focus and patience to herd ducks.
5947497790_78c39a7686_b.jpg

Because once the flock starts to move, they tend to split up.
5947497600_25e0db3771_b.jpg

From the duck's point of view, it is a tough living. I suppose the unemployment benefits and workman's comp are not the best. It's that or duck soup and quakers.
5947613776_e7073ba5ef_b.jpg

Did you notice?

Have you noticed that ducks smile even in the face of adversity. They must have wonderful dispositions. :)

Janice, my wife was there since Thursday evening and just got home about 20 minutes ago. She was the secretary for the club and took all the applications and did all the paper work. If you saw the woman with the big black Bouvier walking around with her, that was my wife. Saturday was the better day, it poured today. You got some very nice shots.

Mike

Thank you, Mike.

I did see her and the beautiful Bouvier. It has to be a lot of work to keep a trial like that running smoothly. I am impressed.

Nina was there on Friday and today. I thought of her a lot today. I definitely got the better day.

Have you noticed that ducks smile even in the face of adversity. They must have wonderful dispositions. :)

I noticed they were all smiling, I guess for them everything was just ducky. I guess they are just lucky ducks.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back