Hooded Merganser

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

landscapes&birds

This hooded merganser swam within 15 feet of the platform at Juanita Bay park yesterday afternoon, and presented some wonderful photo opportunities. They're always a treat to see!

20141214-IMG_1016_edit.jpg

20141214-IMG_1076_edit.jpg

20141214-IMG_1083_edit.jpg

20141214-IMG_1098_edit.jpg

Great captures Tyler! I think we were shooting together that afternoon. I was the guy with the 1DX with 500mm prime :)

great stuff! must've been off the middle platform - i was on the west side much of the afternoon and never saw one of these little guys! i always like watching them, they have such a little attitude...

Thanks for comments everyone! Rocky - I was on the middle platform. They seem to be dividing their time between the middle platform and the the boardwalk that used to be a road on the right side.

that's kinda what i thought. shooting from the causeway is tough this time of year because the sun is so low, and you're basically facing straight into it. the middle platform gives you the best chance of decent light, even later in the afternoon.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back