How do I upload photos?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Welcome to the forum Ken.... its nice to have a fellow British Columbian come aboard. Its very easy to upload a pic onto the photo contest. All you have to do is go to the forums list and you will find the list for the contest, or even click on the link on the front page which shows the current going contest.

When you go in, click the "reply" button and it will show a spot to write your story and then scroll down and click on "manage attachments". A box will appear giving you the option to upload. Do just that and you should be fine.

Not stupidity by any means, I had the same issue when I first subscribed to a list similar to this.

Hope this helps!

Chris W.

Ken you are on the right track but missed a couple steps. Since you are linking images from flikr, here are the steps. At least how it applies in this forum. But most other forums work the same. If you are posting in groups in Flickr the instructions vary because you use the HTML scripts instead.

Go to flickr and grab the image link It's the URL.
4037023359_87c74a13d6_o.jpg

Then on PNWPhoto look for the picture icon on the top of the message box see step 1. Click on it and a box will come up Step 2 paste in the url hit enter and you're good to go.
4037023267_f2f1cf9859_o.jpg

Voila,
4036057563_4f21938a13.jpg

I always like to preview the message first. If I'm not wearing my glasses or maybe had one too many glasses of wine I might hit the neighboring link icon and just get the url pasted in the text :) like this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/4036057563_4f21938a13.jpg

Ken,

Here's another thread on how to upload.

http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187

If you have any problems, or still have questions, please ask.

Attaching photos isn't hard once you're done it a couple times, but like all things computer if you miss anything it won't work. So the first time or two can be a bit of work.

PS - I've changed the thread title for a couple reasons...

1) Not knowing how to use a feature of the forum does not qualify as stupidity, it simply means you're new here.

2) The new title will make it easier for others who have the same question, but weren't brave enough to ask, find the discussion.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back