Idaho Birds & Other New PNW Wildlife Photos

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I've updated my ongoing Pacific Northwest 2018 gallery with photos from my May Idaho and Montana visits, as well as a few miscellaneous shots from my recent San Juan Islands tour (where I photographed all the foxes).

View the full gallery here. Here's a short preview:

A fox kit peeks out of the grass near its den in NW Montana.
foxred0518montana5.jpg

I once again had good luck with Great horned owls at Market Lake in Idaho.
owlgreathorned0518idaho15.jpg

Still waiting for a really good porcupine photo op, but they seem to be getting better each year.
porcupine85.jpg

Lots of raptor activity in Idaho, including this osprey.
osprey612.jpg

Harbor seal in the San Juans.
sealharbor0618sanjuans11.jpg

One of the few decent orca shots that turned out in challenging conditions on the water.
orca0618sanjuans26.jpg

View the full PNW 2018 gallery on my website.

Max

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good photos. The one of the porcupine reminds me of the time my brother and I found one in our yard when we were living in Lewiston, ID back in the 60's. We captured it in a gabage can and took it down to the Snake River to release it. The Snake was free flowing through Lewiston at the time with beaches and wooded areas along the river.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com