Ireland 2018

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I took a family trip to Ireland in late April/early May. Though it was more of a casual trip, I did bring one camera body along to capture a few of the cultural, historical and natural sites we visited. It was a fun trip, with some nice weather that allowed us to get out on foot a fair amount. It was probably best for photographing our son as he wandered around exploring, but there were a few other photos that came out okay.

You can see the full Ireland gallery on my website. Here's a short preview.

Glendalough was probably my favorite stop on the trip. There's a cool old cemetery, ruins of a thousand year-old monastic settlement and some lovely natural areas.
glendalough0418ireland26.jpg

It's impossible to not see a castle during an Ireland visit. We tried not to get overloaded with them.
castleballycarbery0418ireland6.jpg

A Northern fulmar glides over the Atlantic.
fulmarnorthern0418ireland2.jpg

Yes, there's surfing in Ireland.
beach0418ireland13.jpg

Though we chose to walk part of the Gap of Dunloe, many opt for more convenient modes of transportation.
horse0418ireland5.jpg

Amazing colors in the cliffs near Dingle.
cliffs0418ireland30.jpg

See the full Ireland 2018 gallery.

Max

In this case I took my smallest body (7D Mark II, which I had been planning to sell), a 17-40mm and a 70-200mm and teleconverter. I'd prefer to have a 5DIII or 5DIV instead of the 7DII, but it worked okay since I never had to bump the ISO too high during the trip.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back