jellyfish from newport oregon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Penny, that's a pretty nice photo.

It does a couple of things right.

You've got nice subject, and you're fairly close to the subject.

You've also followed the "rule of thirds", at least to some degree, and have the subject off to one side instead of simply having it centered. That makes for a more pleasing photo.

The only problem I see is that it's fairly dark on my screen. That's quite easy to fix in just about any image program. I just upped the brightness a bit, and check out the result:

View attachment 4292

Whoa penny that's pretty cool. I agree with Bob on all aspects.

A lot of times the photos don't come out of the camera the way we expect the. While we try to expose it just right, it doesn't always happen. Check the software that comes with your camera. I bet they have something there. Otherwise if you are using Windows in your laptop they have software that can do some minor editing.

Good job. HappyThanksgiving.

Janice,

ANY image editing program can do what I did there. I used Photoshop, but all I did was adjust the levels, i.e. Brightness and Contrast. The program that came with the camera, if there was one, should work fine. If not, one of the freeware or Public Domain editors would be OK.

For example, I'll bet you could do it in Google Picassa easily.

I bet Kodak does come with software, I have a little pocket video camera from Kodak and it has nifty software. I looked around and Windows live has one. Picnik is a site that I see a lot of my flickr contacts use and it is compatible with most photo sites, picassa, flickr, facebook, photobucket etc. It seems it does a really nice job.

yes my camera came with software but i dont know how to use it yet. i need help with it. i will ask my teacher to work with me on it

yes my camera came with software but i dont know how to use it yet. i need help with it. i will ask my teacher to work with me on it

Jake is so right. It's best to get the shot right the first time.

It is fun to work with your photos outside of the camera, just in case they are a little off. The software that came with your camera is probably very user friendly. Make a copy of one of your photos or use a photo that you don't mind messing up and just have fun. Play with the controls and see what they do. Experiment, I think you might be surprised how much you can learn on your own.

We had to postpone this week's lesson, but we will be getting into using the Kodak software and Image Expert for such processing.

Penny, that is a great photo. Keep looking, but fon't forget to SEE while you are looking. :D

Pops

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back