July 4th Lake Union Fireworks taken from the Virginia V

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

My wife and I were lucky to be able to photograph the fireworks from the Virginia V dock on South Lake Union.

These were all taken with manual exposure (1.3s f13 ISO 200 at 24mm) using a Canon 40D and Canon 24-70mm f2.8L

4th 2013 Lake Union1.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union2.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union3.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union4.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union9.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
More from the July 4th, 2013 Lake Union Fireworks

Rest of my best :)

4th 2013 Lake Union8.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union13.JPG
4th 2013 Lake Union12.JPG
7-4-2013 Finale Lake Union 4th_0001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I especially like the second one. And I always like fireworks where you can have a sense of where they were like in your fourth one.

Thanks, Bill and Janice. Janice, I agree - next time I'll take a wider-angle lens to pick up more of the setting/location. - I could have used a 17mm for sure. My 24-70 was shooting full frame so I wasn't able to get both the firework and foreground like I wanted to.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back