Kaylee Grace, 6 days old

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

This is my first newborn session. I did maternity photos with her mom. Going to have her back on friday to finish up. Looking for tips

C&C would be greatly appreciated.
5735144949_2c9367de4e_z.jpg

5735144171_4b59cba359_z.jpg

5735691500_2c4e3e9aff_z.jpg

5735142697_2a85121172_z.jpg

The binkie isnt my favorite thing, but daddy wanted some with it.
5735141947_70455009c1_z.jpg

5735689464_450fd7b138_z.jpg

I'll just comment on the first two.

#1 - that baby is lost. The eyes are drawn to the light areas in a B&W image and here it is mom. Plus with the baby in that position s/he gets lost. The predominant area of a portrait is what is closest to the lens. Here that is moms bright bare shoulder (plus I'm not a fan of shoulder into the camera shots). Mom's shoulders are rolled forward so have her pull them back.

#2 - again the baby is lost. There's good connection on moms part and great capture of emotion in her though. While her shoulder isn't straight into the camera I think I would have moved camera right a tad. Plus have her straighten her back by pulling her shoulders back.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back