Kinglet having lunch (6)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spent a nice sunny afternoon along a trail in Chehalis, and came away with this sequence of a male ruby-crowned kinglet having lunch. He landed on a twig about 20 feet away from me in perfect light, and proceeded to nosh on a fly he'd caught. Had no qualms about the whole "dine 'n' dash" thing, though... :D

MG_7139_crop_sm.jpg

MG_7144_crop_sm.jpg

MG_7160_crop_sm.jpg

MG_7162_crop_sm.jpg

MG_7163_crop_sm.jpg

MG_7165_crop_sm.jpg

Bird Whisperer... lol Great shots as usual Rocky! He was very comfortable with your presence and just wanted to share.

Great to be so close, Rocky! Nice work!
Terry
Thanks, Terry! :)

Bird Whisperer... lol Great shots as usual Rocky! He was very comfortable with your presence and just wanted to share.
Thanks, Arline! He actually flew to that branch near where I was standing, and landed there, almost as if to show me his prize before he ate it... cute little thing!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back