Lake Clark National Park

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

It looks like Alaska is included as part of the PNW on this forum, so I'll post this in Wildlife and Animals rather than the Trip Reports forum.

Last month I made a short excursion to Alaska to check out Lake Clark National Park for the first time. This is a very popular spot with photographers interested in bears, so I was overdue in scouting it as a future tour stop. It wasn't the best weather, and the salmon run had ended early... but there were still plenty of bear photos to be taken in three days. Got a brief wolf sighting and had a fox on the lodge grounds as well. Overall, a fun little trip and I will be leading a tour back there in a couple years.

I've posted a new gallery of 94 images on my website. A short preview is below:

bearbrown0918alaska203.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska193.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska184.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska409.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska316.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska583.jpg

bearbrown0918alaska443.jpg

View the full Alaska 2018 gallery.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com