Lewis Creek

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
i figure if i can't work, i'll at least get out on a sunny day and take pictures! this is just a little creek along the side of a dead-end road near Index, WA... but i love streams with mossy rocks in them! ;) 5D, 24-135, various exposures and settings...

IMG_8055smrdx.jpg

IMG_8047smrdx.jpg

tranquilitysmrdx.jpg

I keep coming back to these shots, they're just great...

Did you do something special to get the warm glow to the whole scene? Often there's a lot of shadow in scenes like this one, but your shots are very well lit and the greens are quite vibrant. Obviously it's a long exposure, based on the blur. Did you do anything else to bring out the colors?

I keep coming back to these shots, they're just great...

Did you do something special to get the warm glow to the whole scene? Often there's a lot of shadow in scenes like this one, but your shots are very well lit and the greens are quite vibrant. Obviously it's a long exposure, based on the blur. Did you do anything else to bring out the colors?

Bob,

i ran these through a filter called ReDynaMix, which helps pull detail out of shadows - sorta like HDR - and as a side effect, seems to enhance colors a bit.

Bob,

i ran these through a filter called ReDynaMix, which helps pull detail out of shadows - sorta like HDR - and as a side effect, seems to enhance colors a bit.

Very nice... I've heard of that before, I think somebody here mentioned it, and the comments have been pretty consistent about saying how well it works.

Edit, yep, it was here. Leia has a nice thread with some great examples of the effect here: http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back