Lou - My Best Shots 2010

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Lou

As you can see, my garden is my number one focus. The sunsets/sunrises plus others follow. Almost all of my flower shots are "off camera flash".

your botanicals are impressive indeed! great detail and sharpness, with excellent depth of field for such close shots. nicely done!

Lou,

This series is so impressive. I love the colors, lighting, depth of field and detail. Nice work.

Wow, those are really nice... I especially like the one with the all black background, very well done!

Now, I'm going to ask you the question I hate to see people ask (since it often doesn't matter what gear you used), but in this case it really is releveant to the photos. What lens did you take those flower shots with? The clarity and depth of field is just amazing.

Perfectly beautiful....

And I do mean perfect. I love flower shots too. Yours are amazing. So are the rest of them. C.

Wow, those are really nice... I especially like the one with the all black background, very well done!

Now, I'm going to ask you the question I hate to see people ask (since it often doesn't matter what gear you used), but in this case it really is releveant to the photos. What lens did you take those flower shots with? The clarity and depth of field is just amazing.

Thanks for the comment. All of the flower shots are shot at f22, 250th, with a Tamron 90 mm macro. There is some post sharpening. I use a Sigma 500 flash on manual and vary the light with distance and/or the flash power where needed. The flowers are shot where they stand in my garden, at early morning or evening, hence the natural black background. It may take 4-5 shots to get one. I'm still working on it.

These are just amazing. The lighting on the wet flowers is spectacular. The first droplet reflection is perfect and the one with the ladybag, made me smile.

Love all of these but the first one is just WOW!!! Love it when another image is captured in a droplet....I'm still trying to master this so I can't wait till spring :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back