Marina Beach Parasurfers

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marina Beach in Edmonds is a popular place for parasurfers when the wind is just right. Monday afternoon (3/30/15) I set up my heavy tripod + 7D + 500L telephoto + 1.4x teleconverter to try to capture a whale which was reportedly breaching across the Sound.

I took the opportunity to photograph the parasufers as well. The parasurfers will go out in the Sound, then turn around and speed back to shore, building up enough speed to get airborne.

7D + 500L telephoto + 1.4x teleconverter, tripod mounted, uncropped
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
great shots, Bill. i've watched windsurfers out there several times, doing stunts like this guy, and just having a ball. watched one guy take off, get up about 30-40 feet in the air, and "fly" about a hundred yards before he landed... here he is, you can see the spot where he took off from (in the lower right corner) and how high he is. he went a little higher shortly after this shot, then leveled off for a while before coming back down...

IMG_8034%20sm_zpsu0mrfjk5.jpg

Last edited:

JanineH

239efe634f0f51105c16827edde56864.jpg

Leroy Vanhee(?) Watching the kitesurfers

5625d7cec65492dc81c59ae661d801c7.jpg

Silver surfer

247dc039a685fd01f66a789698ed82f5.jpg

Roger is super fun to watch...

7c69f74a459601e21c1c3610013a258c.jpg

Phil leaving the board behind...

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good shots, Janine. You should print up some business cards and offer to sell your photos to the kite surfers. I think you are correct as that does look like LeRoy in the first photo.

JanineH

It is Leroy, I just wasn't sure if I spelled his last name right. I do have business cards, and I've been selling them pics for a few years now. Great group of people, fun to watch!:)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com