MIA: Canuck the Crow

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I received this message from someone who knows I am often out photographing birds. She requested that I pass it on to my fellow avian photographers.

Not sure if you know about Canuck the crow in Vancouver, BC? He is a semi-tame wild crow that is famous on social media. He went missing nearly 4 weeks ago (on August 30th) and it’s suspected that he may have been relocated by someone with some mental issues. He wears a federal govt of Canada band and an orange zip tie.

There have been multiple sightings of a crow in Lynnwood with two bands, one described as white and one as red. No one has captured a photo of this bird yet but since the area seems to be close to Edmonds, I thought I’d reach out and let you know in case you see a crow like this in your travels.

The first sighting was at the Fred Meyer store on 196th in Lynwood. That was back on Sep 2nd. Yesterday, a lady reported seeing the crow at Lake Forest Park.

I pointed out that the banded crow spotted in Lynnwood and Lake Forest Park would most likely be spending nights at the crow roost on the UW/Bothell campus. I also pointed out that with the numerous studies on crows done by Dr. John Marzluff and his students at the UW, it would not be unusual to find a banded crow in this area.
canuck.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back