Middle Fork Salmon River

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

A good friend of mine just got back from the middle fork of the Salmon. He is one of only a relatively small number of folks who are allowed to run drift boats down. He raves and raves about that place. I'm sure that you had a blast...

nice images!

Judy N

We did run into a group with a wooden drift boat while we were there. It was a trip made up solely of guides with no clients. Stopped and spoke to the guy running the boat (my husband has one too so he had to compare notes). Maybe your friend?

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice collection. i love central Idaho... was the deer shot taken at Redfish Lodge? they love to wander around the grounds early in the morning...

Lou

Great shots. Used to live in Salmon. They used to go down the Salmon river in wooden barges, with big sweeps on each end. "The river of no return". I watched, as a kid, those who tried different technologies to run up the river. The Middlefork, was for fishing not boating, then. Now it's up or down the Salmon and the Middlefork stays pristine with floats only. I know you had fun and you tend to look "up" a lot.

Judy N

deer

nice collection. i love central Idaho... was the deer shot taken at Redfish Lodge? they love to wander around the grounds early in the morning...

No, it was in Boundary Creek Campground. She is so use to campers there that she looked like she was going to walk up to the picnic table and see what was for dinner til I shooed her away. (after taking photos of course)

Judy N

Great shots. Used to live in Salmon. They used to go down the Salmon river in wooden barges, with big sweeps on each end. "The river of no return". I watched, as a kid, those who tried different technologies to run up the river. The Middlefork, was for fishing not boating, then. Now it's up or down the Salmon and the Middlefork stays pristine with floats only. I know you had fun and you tend to look "up" a lot.

They still use big sweep boats on the Middle Fork, just rubber not wooden these days.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com