Monday...No doubt.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mr Mac

I was working on chasing a dot in my optics and had finally narrowed it down to the 18-55 kit lens. In the process of taking shots of a white door looking for the offending dot I identically took what my wife decided was one of my best selfies.

Some days I don't like her...
489c9c37-190d-41b0-976a-ee63347957bf_zps6b22a25f.jpg

If there is a dot or spot in your photos, it it most likely something on your sensor, not the lens. Sensors need cleaning periodically, despite the sensor cleaning function on most dSLR cameras.

I have cleaned the sensor more times than I can count, and to no avail. Last night, since I wasn't doing anything else, I took a baseline shot with the kit lens and then another with my Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 lens and the spots are gone. I cleaned the lens itself as well and the spots still occur which leads me to believe they may be water spots from condensation at some point. It was quite hot/humid in St Louis and going from the air conditioned house to the outside may have been a contributor. Not sure, but I do know, it's not on the outside of the optics!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back