More shoe pictures...and a Doll

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Digital Latte

Rob and Tracy
Not sure if this is the right place to post these......

Just out messing around today
a37211af.jpg

95ca524a.jpg

edc8deae.jpg

b3863390.jpg

bfb46d40.jpg

c74193b8.jpg

c767251e.jpg

d901279b.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place to post these......

This topic is fine, and "People and Portraits" would be OK too. The categories are just general themes, and we're not overly picky about which one you use.

As a guideline, pick the category that fits the most important aspect of the image. For example, a landscape shot could be in Landscapes or Special Techniques, depending on what you're emphasizing. Even if you use a special technique such as HDR or B&W conversion, if the main thing is the image itself, then it could still go in "landscapes" even though you did some work in Post Processing.

Is your post saying "Hey, check out this cool old barn I found, isn't it awesome!?!", then pick the "Scenics" category. On the other hand, if you're talking about how you used Nik Silver EFX (however they speel that) to do the B&W conversion, then it's probably best in "Special Techniques".

If the staff really feels the discussion will work better in another topic, we'll move it. We don't do that too often, and if it should happen, we won't write you a nastygram about picking the wrong topic, we realize it's a judgement call, so it's not a big deal at all.

In short, just pick one and don't worry. :)

Last edited:
That said, tell me more about the shoes. Was that yellow coloration done in post processing? Looks that way, though I guess it could be something you painted on the shoe.

Is this part of a larger series or theme?

That said, tell me more about the shoes. Was that yellow coloration done in post processing? Looks that way, though I guess it could be something you painted on the shoe.

Is this part of a larger series or theme?

Nothing special done to the yellow-ish shoes at all, they are just some dress up boots that my daughter likes to wear

I had used the brown shoe the day before yesterday in this thread

Not really a series, the shoe just was used twice

now that you said what you did Bob, I can see why you would think it was photoshoped, It does look like that a bit, and it almost looks like a crappy photoshop job.... they are a velvety yellow material that naturally look that way

I like these and those are some Funky boots, flash back to the early 80's and Disco! I feel 4 and 8 are the best

While I don't really grasp the meaning behind the shoe/flower images I do find them interesting to look at. From a technical standpoint all of the images posted are really good. I do like the ones with the doll too.

While I don't really grasp the meaning behind the shoe/flower images I do find them interesting to look at. From a technical standpoint all of the images posted are really good. I do like the ones with the doll too.

Don't feel bad, we don't understand them either :D

Yep, that yellow is such a weird color that I thought you did this trick:

View attachment 4304

(Original Photo by Digital Latte, Crappy Photoshop Job by BobH)

That would be fine, by the way, sometimes it's a cool effect.

You know, I might be on to something there. The yellow is in the clown, and so is the red. Do another one with the blue from the clown, and put all three side by side. Bet that would look neat!

Those are interesting photos and i think well captured. The poor Raggedy Ann doll. I thought I saw a happy story forming. First she is alone and abandoned in the waste of fallen leaves. Finally she is rescued by the girl with the yellow velvet shoes. To my surprise a sad and tragic end, stomped on by the girl who found it. Boo, hoo brought tears to my eyes.

Okay maybe not.

Those are interesting photos and i think well captured. The poor Raggedy Ann doll. I thought I saw a happy story forming. First she is alone and abandoned in the waste of fallen leaves. Finally she is rescued by the girl with the yellow velvet shoes. To my surprise a sad and tragic end, stomped on by the girl who found it. Boo, hoo brought tears to my eyes.

Okay maybe not.

Ha Ha, Whats funny is that doll is very cherished by our 11 year old, It was acquired from an antique store, the lady in the store said it was over 100 years old.... you can never really trust what they tell you in those places..... But we like to think its really that old

I like these shots....they make you stop and try to figure it out, look for a meaning or apply your own imagination. That's what makes an interesting image.

Chuck

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back