Mount Hood Panorama

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Here is a shot I took today from near Jantzen Beach. Mount Hood is in the background with the marinas and houseboats along the Columbia Slough. This is my first attempt at a panorama photo.

View attachment 3486

Last edited by a moderator:

Leia

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was a lot of haze yesterday and I thought it was still so pretty I told George that I hoped SOMEONE out there got a picture of her. Glad to see someone did!!

How many shots was this? The stitching is very good. I can't detect any at all.

I'm really impressed! I love the way you used the water to lead my eye into the photo and right to Mt. Hood. You did such a great job on this panorama that I think I'm going to have to give it a try. (Photoshop has been my memesis!)

Rascal

Great job. First try, cheers. With nine or ten shots I'm guessing you took the vertically. I've pften enjoyed that scene as I pass by it often...and I've often thought how picturesque it would be. You've captured it very well.

Great job. First try, cheers. With nine or ten shots I'm guessing you took the vertically. I've pften enjoyed that scene as I pass by it often...and I've often thought how picturesque it would be. You've captured it very well.
Yes, it was taken with vertical shots. It's a trick I read about in a Scott Kelby book. He's got lots of little tricks I'm starting to try.

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com