Multnomah Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

dschaecher

Yea, I know everyone and their brother (and sister, and aunt, and uncle....) has shot Multnomah Falls, from darn near every angle. Well, this is my shot at it too. :) C/C welcome and encouraged!

nice composition, and you got it with no one on the bridge (not always an easy task!), but it seems to have a pretty strong purple cast to it...

nice composition, and you got it with no one on the bridge (not always an easy task!), but it seems to have a pretty strong purple cast to it...

Thanks Rocky. Hard to explain the magenta tone but I see what you mean. Weird!

I have to confess, I cloned the people out of the photo that were on the bridge. Fortunately there were only twp or three people.

a quick pass through Photoshop to desaturate the water, and adjusting the color balance so the cliff and trees look more like the real thing...

DSC01362.jpg

a quick pass through Photoshop to desaturate the water, and adjusting the color balance so the cliff and trees look more like the real thing...

DSC01362.jpg

I like this.

I also took your advice and tweaked mine a bit. I increased the saturation to bring out the trees and then sharpened it a bit. Here is the result.

Very nice. Is this a single image or a composite? I can't get that entire scene in a single frame, so I always have to combine two or three shots.

BTW, yes, everyone and their aunt has shot Multnomah Falls. There's a reason for that. It's an incredible sight and a natural wonder. It also looks different at different times of day and in different seasons. I think it's a great subject. You will have lots of competition if you want to sell your prints, but other than that, why not shoot it?

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. This was one shot. I used my Zeiss 16-80 with a 16 mm focal length. F/20 on the aperture and 1 second exposure.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back