New to the forum

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Charms

Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum. I've liked photography for a long time, but it's not until last October that I invested in a DSLR. I'm having so much fun shooting and looking forward to sharing my photography and learnng from the group.

Thanks guys. Do you ever get together and shoot?

We have in the past on occasion. I want to do it again, but I've been waiting until we reach a "critical mass" where we have enough members to make it worthwhile.

(Let's say you have 100 folks who might show up for a meet. You start with 20 people who like a specific idea and are within a reasonable distance, set a date, 10 can't make it due to schedule conflicts, 4 or 5 others back out as the date gets closer and things come up, and you have 5 or 6 show up...)

So you have to start with a pretty large "pool" of potential shooters or you'll have 2 people at the meetup.

On a related note... ANY MEMBER CAN SET UP A MEETUP AND INVITE MEMBERS. Even our "official" meetups are informal and free, except in cases where there are expenses such as studio rental, admission fees, parking, that sort of thing. Since we don't make a profit from our meetups, we welcome members doing their own meetups.

If you're interested in having a meetup someplace, pick a date and post an invite.

I belong to a photography club at work and we shoot togehter about once a month or so. Like you mention it usually ends up being about 3-4 of us becasue most of them couldn't show up for some reason, but even with a few people we have a lot of fun and I've learnt so much from them. When I get a little more familar with the group and get to know you guys a little better I'll try to get a group together to shoot. Thanks Bob.

Sounds about right Charms. Summer is typically a great time for photography, but it's also the busiest time of the year, so getting folks together on any specific date is a real challenge. Typically the best approach is to plan an outing with a few friends that will work for you, then open it up to the group and hope a few more folks can tag along.

I belong to a photography club at work and we shoot togehter about once a month or so. Like you mention it usually ends up being about 3-4 of us becasue most of them couldn't show up for some reason, but even with a few people we have a lot of fun and I've learnt so much from them. When I get a little more familar with the group and get to know you guys a little better I'll try to get a group together to shoot. Thanks Bob.

you don't need 20 people to make it a worthwhile event for those who do show up! ;)

you don't need 20 people to make it a worthwhile event for those who do show up! ;)

No, not at all! In fact, 20 people would be too big of a group for most get togethers. I'd be tempted to split that group in half just to keep crowding down at most locations.

But you usually need to start with 20, so that you get 4 or 5 in the end. It's just the nature of the beast.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back