No travel bird photography

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tony S

Put up a feeder and then stalk the little guys in the trees and bushes as they wait their turn to pick the seeds. Save some gas.

Taken between quarters of the different football games yesterday afternoon.

405165490.jpg

405165488.jpg

405165472.gif

405165466.jpg

great birdie shots !! i have alot in my yard but they are so "flighty' they wont sit still long enough... :( hand held or did you have a tri pod?

Nice shots. I've had bird feeders up for years and have generations of the more common yard birds that live around our house. When it's feeding time, they all come swarming in and aren't bothered by are dogs at all and as long as we aren't up next to the feeders or moving around to much, they ignore us as well. We use to have a lot of the prettier transient birds and the occasional Meadow Lark, Sparrow Hawk, small woodpecker type bird, etc., until they took out a lot of the tree cover near us to build the Hillsboro Max line that runs not to far from us. We also have a lot of outdoor cats in our area that do a good job of killing a lot of the birds and not much else. All of those are very good shots.

Mike

These little guys were pretty flighty so I used a monopod with the 400 and 1.4 teleconverter combo for all of them. Most of the distances to the birds was at about 15 feet.

When I go out to fill the feeder they hang around, some right next to my head. The only one that is pretty onery and is tougher to get is the humming bird who uses the top most branch of the dogwood tree as his lookout to the hummingbird feeder under the eave of the house.

405165499.gif

405165497.gif

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back