now that's a lotta daffies!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went up to Mt. Vernon today, hoping the Skagit Valley tulips would be in bloom, but the cold, wet, gloomy spring we've had this year has slowed everything down, and the tulips were not to be seen. i did find a couple of fields of daffodils, though... these are commercial growers who supply bulbs and plants to florists, nurseries, etc... 5D, 24-135 @ 39mm, 1/100 @ f/7.1, processed with ReDynaMix to enhance the sky...

IMG_7319smrdx.jpg

That is pretty. Did you use a polarizer or half filter on the sky? Or, was that post editing? It came out very nice.

thanks, Leia... i had a polarizer on, but also did some tweaking in PP to enhance the contrast in the sky. i used a Photoshop plug-in called ReDynaMix, which simulates HDR processing using a single image. depending on how far you push it, you can get results that vary from mildly more contrast, to really heavy. "overdone" HDR effects. i don't like the overcooked stuff, i try to keep things looking more or less real... this one's actually kinda borderline for my taste, but the contrast in the sky was just too nice to pass up... ;)

YAY!!! Thanks Rocky. I just downloaded a trial version and I can now see how some of the digital art styled (sometimes garrish imo) fake HDR's are getting done. WOW. Talked about cooked. What I just did to a tulip picture should be against the law! ;)

This easily generates some of the HDR styled extremes that I have seen being generated out there, but never got using Photomatix using 2 or 3 photos.

Luckily, I also noticed that ReDynaMix has a lot of control for the more subdued HDR effects that I prefer. Much more natural. :)

SOLD! (a fine deal for $16!!!)

Again, thank you for sharing your tips and photo information.

glad to help, Leia. yeah, for $16 it's a heckuva deal... and fortunately, it does allow you to bring out detail from the shadows, etc., without the overdone, fake look, but if you want to play with it, you certainly can generate some extreme effects. it's also quite fast to use, which is a plus... ;)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back