Osprey

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

rickyred

In 2016 at union Bay the nesting osprey raised three chicks. The nesting platform they use as you can see is very easy to craft pictures of the birds. I was the only one there when these photos were taken. Ospreys are one of the most laid back birds I have photographed. I have been crafting pictures of this pair since 2015. Last year was pretty sad, They lost the two chicks due to predation. The pair reunited this year and started rebuilding there nest, but for some reason the pair did not nest. They just hung out all summer ignoring there nest. Boy I was ready this year. New kit and all. Also the Osprey pair in N Seattle raised two chicks this year and are almost ready to head South, Hopefully Next year the pair at Union Bay will renew there desire to nest again. R.J

Attachments

• Union Bay Osprey 346 copy.jpg
    Union Bay Osprey 346 copy.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Union Bay Osprey 354 copy copy.jpg
    Union Bay Osprey 354 copy copy.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Union Bay Osprey 412.JPG
    Union Bay Osprey 412.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Union Bay Osprey 530.JPG
    Union Bay Osprey 530.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 203
Osprey have adapted quite well to urban environments. I am surprised at the places they nest amid human activity.

The pair that nest in N Seattle on the cell phone tower located at Home Depot and there is a taco truck at the base of the tower. every one loves them and the Osprey seem to enjoy people watching.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back