Panning Time-lapse from a GoPro

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PhotoFocus has just posted the following update to their blog:

Note: This is a workflow in progress. *I’m going to show the first results. *
I’ve lately become fascinated with making time-lapses from hotel windows. *I’ve been trying to figure out ways to create interesting things from the views I get traveling the world. *The latest attempt focusses on things I can make that show a wider vantage.

This is the end result. *The day is a cold, wet, rainy, winter, day (or what we’ve been calling Wednesday on the East Coast for the last few months). *This is just a technical test of my workflow. *In fact it’s the first attempt and I’ll share with you what works and what I am going to refine in the future.
[h=1]The Gear[/h] I’ve gotten this whole kit down to something that can fir into less than 10% of my airline carry-on bag. *After all, this needs to be say to do and easy to pack. *The whole kit cost less than $200 (other than the GoPro).
Flow-Mow 2-Hour Professional Timelapse for GoPro / DSLR cameras with GoPro Tripod Mount

I’ve attached a FlowMow panning head. This creates a slow pan of the GoPro camera (or other lightweight camera). The unit can pan a full 360

More...

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com