Photographer Wanna be

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Snowman5678

Hello, my name is Matthew. Ive been interested in photography for years now and love taking pictures. Sadly i still only have a point and shoot type camera (Canon Powershot sx230 HS) I like to think all my pictures look great but im sure some really dont. Im glad to be apart of this community and im excited to see all the great pictures on here and hopefully post some great ones too!

-Matthew

Hello Matthew, and welcome to the forum.

By the way, you are not a "photographer wanna be". You have a camera, right? You have interest in photography, right? If so, then you're a photographer. The Canon Powershots are good cameras, 12 MP and ISO 3200, you can do some good work with that. (By comparision, my first digicam went all the way up to, get this... ISO 400. Yes, 400, not 4000)

Granted, you may not be as experienced as some of us, but we welcome everyone, no matter what your skill level. Ask questions, make comments, post photos. If you'd like a critique, post your photo and say something to the effect of "Please critique this", or "Comments wanted" or anything that indicates you want us to discuss your work. If you don't want critiques, that's fine too, they're given "upon request", so you can simply post photos to share them.

I hope you'll enjoy it here, and remember "The best camera is the one you have with you". So keep shooting with what you have, and learn and improve.

Last edited:
Wow only 400!!! Thank you, just by your post i am sure this community is fantastic!!! Thank you very much bob, wise words for sure!

Hi Matthew welcome to the forum lets see some photos! and yes you are a photographer you can do a lot with a point and shoot camera

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back