Playtime: Two dogs, their cat and some cherry eating Waxwings

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Leia

Super Moderator
Staff member
First a disclaimer: No cat's were harmed in the following event.

In fact, Max (the cat who thinks he is a dog) loves to play tag with these guys. If they don't chase him, he goes back and forth until they do. He sleeps with them, eats with them (doesn't like canned cat food but loves Sarah's Royal Canin food) and lets them lick his belly for long periods of time. They chase toys together. There has never been a growl, a hiss or an injury between the feline and dogs.

Max follows the dogs EVERY where they go. Seriously, he eggs them on all the time if they ignore him when he wants to play.

The dogs do not play with our other cat as he is a REAL cat.

Last edited:
Then there are the cherry eating Waxwings that are stealing all our cherries before they turn dark/ripe.

The first shot is a poor shot but is included to show the damages to the fruit.

We have had a swarm of the the last several days. The tree is looking bad. This didn't happen the last two years. I guess that teaches me to stop telling people I wish I could see another Waxwing. :rolleyes:

Shot at 400 iso - pardon the noise

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back