Posting files?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

rickyred

That would be great, This is a great year of first for me. Just back from the Easton area. Photographs of a group of Red Tails soaring together , fifteen in the group and about another six outside the group. Never have seen Red Tails gather in a large group before, just Eagles. Thanks R.J

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Export the photos you want to post to a file in your computer that can be easily accessed. I down-size my photos when I export them, although this site now has an automatic down-sizing feature.

Start a thread, compose a message, then hit the Attach files button below. Then click on the file in your computer where the photos are being held. A window with the photos will appear in a corner of your computer. You can select photos individually or select several photos at once using the cursor + Shift key.

After selecting the photos, hit enter and the photos will appear as thumbnails below the message. You can then select a thumb nail or a full image version to post up. The version you select will then appear as part of the post. When this is done to your satisfaction, hit Post reply.

I normally select full image and attach no more than five photos per message. I think this makes it easier for readers to follow my narrative while viewing the photos.

Some readers create a new thread each time they post up a photo. If I will be taking many photos from the same location throughout the year, I will create a single thread and periodically post photos to it. Over time I may create further editions of the thread depending on how many messages I post to the original.

Last edited:

rickyred

Thank You. I also would like to share some insight. All my family call me the bird whisper and friends. I think its an honor and a privilege to share (even for a few minutes) a one on one moment with a bird or any animal. I hope you feel the same. I have only met one other that had this wonderful gift. Keep crafting beautiful photos And your gift telling a story with them. My gift is making a photo story with music. I work long hours. But I would like to meet some time. Self taught. Always looking to improve my photo skills. Thanks R.J

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com