Rocky's top picks from last year

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems everyone's doing the retrospective thing, so i'll jump in as well. 2010 wasn't my best year... the "photo season" got off to a late start due to a crappy, cold, wet spring, so i had to make do with fewer opportunities, but i did manage some shots i was pretty pleased with... here, in no particular order, are my faves from last year...

"Approaching Summer Storm" in Mt. Rainier Nat'l Park...

ApproachingSummerStormBWsm.jpg

"Majesty in Motion" - caught this magnificent specimen at Juanita Bay Park in Kirkland...

IMG_1764tonemapped_filteredsm.jpg

"Howarth Creek" - i love the light on the moss in this one...

HowarthCreeksm.jpg

"Falls Creek Falls" along Stevens Canyon Road in Mt. Rainier Nat't Park...

FallsCreekFallssm.jpg

"Tipsoo Dawn" - sunrise turns "The Mountain" into strawberry ice cream in this shot from Upper Tipsoo Lake...

TipsooDawnsm-1.jpg

"Silver Wings on High" - a P-47 Thunderbolt from Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection during a demo flight. a bit out of the ordinary for me, but fun nonetheless...

IMG_4418cropsm.jpg

"Sunset Storm" at Cannon Beach over Labor Day weekend...

SunsetStormatCannonBeachsm.jpg

"Ecola View", looking south from Ecola State Park toward Cannon Beach...

EcolaViewsm.jpg

"October Rose" at the Bellevue Botanical Garden...

IMG_5279cropsm.jpg

"Starshine"... the Milky Way rises above Mt. Rainier at 3 AM in August...

Starlightsmfiltered.jpg

I can't say it any better, Rocky.

very diverse set of awesomeness!

I didn't have access to my camera in 2010, so it was a bad year for me too. Looks like you managed to salvage some pretty amazing photo ops from an otherwise so-so year. I can't wait to see your great year! ;) C.

thanks! i'm hoping to be able to get out more this year, and with luck, i'll be going to Yellowstone this fall, so that should provide some good opportunities! ;)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back