Ronald Bog Park

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday afternoon (4-9-16) I visited Ronald Bog Park in Shoreline while my son was playing tennis at some nearby courts. The pond at the park has more turtles than I have seen at any park in the area and they were all basking in the sun. The turtles were mostly red-eared sliders, a species native to the Midwest. These were no doubt introduced to our area through pet releases.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Most of the turtles were skittish and would slide back into the water as I approached. This one let me get fairly close. It was hard to photograph as its head was in the shade but its shell reflected the sun, which over exposed the shot.
05.JPG

Last edited:
One last turtle shot. You can see the red stripe which gives the turtle its name.
06.JPG

I have photographed kingfishers at the park in the past, but I didn't see any Saturday. A yellow-rumped warbler landed on a nearby branch with an insect it had captured.
07.JPG

I found two black-capped chickadees excavating a burrow in a branch that was nearly at ground level.
08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back