Seahawks Serendipity

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I"m pretty sure you've heard the news that the Seahawks are in the playoffs this year. One more win and they'll be in the Superbowl.

The city of Seattle has really gotten behind the team. Several buildings have giant 12's on them, and the Space Needle is lit in green and blue.

Last night I went to Seattle with the intent of getting this photo:

DSC_7091-Edit.JPG

Printed large, it will look pretty good.

Getting the photo was a bit of a challenge, it was hazy in Seattle last night, so getting precise focus was a challenge. I did quite a few shots, adjusting exposure and checking focus.

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
After getting the overall shot, I got a few closeups of the 12th man building and the Space Needle.

DSC_7112.JPG
DSC_7121-Edit.JPG

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
While taking these photos, I noticed something odd. I could see light in the clouds over the stadium. At first it was subtle, but then it got bright and I realized it was the moon. As it got above the clouds and fog, I had an idea... The moon was lining up pretty well, it just might work.

Here's the result:

DSC_7131-Edit-2.JPG

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I posted this photo on Facebook and also submitted it to KING 5 TV.

They posted it on their FB page (currently over 4K likes) and they also used it on the morning newscast. Obviously the main reason is the Hawks theme, but I think it's a pretty cool shot too.

I'd like to say I had planned this shot in advance, but it was an example of being in the right place at the right time. I hadn't considered the full moon when planning my photos.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, i saw that one on FB... great shot, Bob.... and some stellar (or perhaps lunar?) post-processing with the Hawk logo... go Hawks!!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, i saw that one on FB... great shot, Bob.... and some stellar (or perhaps lunar?) post-processing with the Hawk logo... go Hawks!!

Thanks, Rocky. This one just came together well. As soon as I saw the moon, I though "I can make that the eye of the Hawks logo!" and took several shots in anticipation. Everything lined up nicely, I didn't have to move the moon (good thing, since that would have messed up the reflection) or make any other changes. I simply added and scaled the Hawks logo.

It seems to have worked. Currently it has 6,000 likes and 2,500 shares on the KING 5 FB page. Pretty dang cool.

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jake! The logo is garish, had to really dial down the opacity to get the subtle look I wanted. Glad it worked.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
the 'Hawks HAD that game! 2nd down, ball on the 1, you've got Marshawn Lynch, pound the damn rock! but no, they call some stupid-ass pass play and NE intercepts it! dumbest. play call. EVER!!!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Seahawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. :(

That last pass play on the two yard line was the most bizarre play call I have ever seen. :mad:

I listened to Pete Carroll's post game press conference. He said the Hawks were not in a formation to run against the Pats' defensive line, so they passed....... and it didn't work.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
they had time outs... they could've called one and changed the offensive formation... woulda been far better than what they did!

Joemeche

Rather have been routed than to have that ending. Boneheaded play, no doubt!

On the other hand, the defense let Brady come back from 10 points down so....
And if it had been a touchdown.....

See you in September!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com