Seahawks Training Camp

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ddietiker

Not a subject I normally shoot, actually I've never shot football before, but I went to a couple practices and of course I had to take pictures :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
Camp policies here.

Basically, cameras are fine but no tripod/mono pod and long lenses. They also mention no professional cameras, but I was using a D3x (same ultra-fast focusing system as the D3s sports camera) and a saw a couple other cameras with grips attached. The only reason I have good close shots is 24.5 mega pixels cropped heavily using a consumer (non obtrusive, but excellent) 70-300 mm lens. You could probably achieve the same thing with a Canon 5DII if the Canon focusing and lens are up to the task.

Last edited:
i wonder if a 100-400 on a 40D would be considered "professional"? the 5DII wouldn't be the best choice - it's AF isn't appreciably better than that on the original 5D, which was never known for lightning fast AF. the new 7D, on the other hand...

I'm sure a 40D is fine if my D3x was fine. A 1D series would probably be ok too since they are roughly the same size as my camera. How big is the 100-400, that would be what would cause an issue. They don't mention any prohibited focal lengths, just lens size.

Edit: I just googled the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, it takes 77mm filters so I can tell it is pretty large plus it is white :) It may draw a few unwanted looks... but you can always try.

Last edited:
This looks to be the Canon equivalent of what I was using. The Nikon version is as sharp as their pro lens from 70-200, but gets softer as you get close to 300 mm. It is still very sharp after 200 mm.

the 100-400L is one of the "white" lenses... fully extended, with the hood, it's probably about 15 inches long... it's clearly not as big as the 500's the pros usually use on the sidelines, but because it's white, it might stand out a bit...

Great shots! I can't wait for the season to be officially started. GO STEELERS!!! I mean, ummm. Go Seahawks too. Yeah. That's it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back