Sentimental Journey

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) B-17, "Sentimental Journey" is at Paine Field this week, through the end of the month. I was gonna wait and go shoot it on Saturday, during FHC's "free fly day", but the weather forecast for the weekend is decidedly unfavorable, so i went and got some shots today. such a beautiful airplane... will probably go try for some more tomorrow...

IMG_3912%20sm_zpskf2euoie.jpg

well, yeah, among other things... the trick is to shoot with a shutter speed slow enough to allow the props to blur, so the thing doesn't look like a plastic model hanging there, while at the same time keeping the aircraft itself sharp. harder to do than it looks... ;)

well, yeah, among other things... the trick is to shoot with a shutter speed slow enough to allow the props to blur, so the thing doesn't look like a plastic model hanging there, while at the same time keeping the aircraft itself sharp. harder to do than it looks... ;)

I'm sure it is. Have you ever tried a "pan" shot of a plane taking off or landing?

some... most of my pan shots of aircraft are during low-level flybys at 200+ mph, which makes it a bit harder, at least for prop jobs. examples:

IMG_0827 sm.jpg

IMG_0398 sm.jpg

IMG_1690_filtered sm.jpg

IMG_1102 crop sm.jpg

IMG_9855 sm.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back