Shhh, Day Sleeper. . . do not disturb.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found this little fellow napping at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. I understand he is a regular here and doesn't mind a little attention. He slept through multiple photos and my chatting with people as they walked by.

Thank you Nina for letting me test drive your Sigma 50-500. I would have not caught this guy without it, at least not very well.

5437015895_a6995de1ab_b.jpg

I'm jealous!!! have yet to shoot an owl, and you did it with MY lens no less LOL
cute shot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo, Janice.

I don't have an owl shot either, Nina, your lens or not. :mad: I am working on it tho. I have been to the Tualatin Refuge and I missed the little guy. Drat. C.

They seem well adapted to people. I was shooting in Washington Park in Portland one day, and an owl was perched in a tree with people all around, didn't bother him one bit. He seemed so tame I actually a friend who works for the zoo "You guys didn't happen to lose an owl today?" He made a quick radio call and replied "No, our are all present and accounted for..."

Janice Had I known you were literary in my back yard I would have shown you where all the good spots to shoot at are and where the different nesting places are there.

I am happy to see the Owls are back in that tree. :)

Great shot! We've had a Great Horned in and around our place for a couple of weeks, but I haven't gotten a good opportunity to photograph...just love owls.

Janice Had I known you were literary in my back yard I would have shown you where all the good spots to shoot at are and where the different nesting places are there.

I am happy to see the Owls are back in that tree. :)

You still can :)

Great shot! We've had a Great Horned in and around our place for a couple of weeks, but I haven't gotten a good opportunity to photograph...just love owls.

I do to. There is another park near my home that has 4 species of owls. I've seen three of them but not the screech owl. They are tough to catch because they are often deep in the forest. Unless I left my camera at home and then they sit practically on top of the trail. I think they have this all worked out.

Very nice shot, Janice. Probably the best non-zoo'd owl shot I have seen yet at a forum ANY where.

Nice shot of a Western Red Cedar, but there's something distracting in the middle of the tree. Maybe clean the lens. :D

I'm jealous!!! have yet to shoot an owl, and you did it with MY lens no less LOL
cute shot :)

Well in a way you have taken a shot of one now. :rolleyes:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back