Snow Geese on Fir Island

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

About a week ago, I ventured north to Fir Island on the Skagit Flats near Conway. My friend, Bob Stevens meet me there and we ventured forth.
As luck would have it, we found the larges flock I have ever seen near the roadway.

(Its worth clicking on the individual pictures for a closer look....)

When to wear a hat! I have the green spots on my 500, hat, and car :)
12-12-2017 when to wear a hat_3762.JPG

A spectacular setting for these geese.
12-12-12 Fir Is sunrise_3371sf.JPG

In some of the flyoffs, part of the flock few in view the Mt. Baker
12-12-2017 the flock and Mt Baker.JPG

Another closer view the flock. No need for super long telephotos :)
12-12-2017 snow geese fir Island_3843.JPG

Last edited:
That first photo is spectacular. You could probably sell it to one of those companies that makes difficult giant jigsaw puzzles.

Wow! I've seen flocks of snow geese take off en masse, but never gotten a shot of them as densely packed as that first one... amazing shot, Terry!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back