some from "Round Enging Day" at Paine Field

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
some pics from "Round Engine Day" at Paine Field

Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection put on another of their "free fly days" today, featuring restored warbirds with "round" (radial) engines... a P-47 from Paul's collection, and an F-8F Bearcat and F-7F Tigercat from the Historic Flight Foundation across the airfield. Again, the weather was less than optimal - it seems i'm doomed to shooting airshow pics against cloudy skies! - but with some tweaking, i managed to salvage some fairly nice shots...

silver wings on high - a sunbreak reflects off the wings of the P-47D Thunderbolt...

IMG_4418cropsm.jpg

the feisty, stubby little F-8F Bearcat makes a pass...

IMG_4387croprdx_filteredsm.jpg

the big Tigercat was actually quite fast, and very heavily armed for its day...

IMG_4439croprdx_filteredsm.jpg

Last edited:
Love those old radial engines. I worked electronics (comm and nav) on DeHavilands while in the Army (long ago and far away) and truely enjoyed the thunder of them. Some of the choppers we worked on had them, also.

Pops

That first shot just screams wow. The silver just stands out against that cloudy sky, niclely done.

thanks, Tony... it's definitely a kick to see some of these old birds in the air again...

I agree with Chuck, they look good.

I'd like to see that first one as a Black and White, I think it would be nice.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back