Some of JDueck's favorite photos of 2010

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Love the perspective on the bench... And, I can relate to the baseball shot since we just got rained out of our second game of the season. Can't wait to get back out there and get some shots of my son's senior year.

We just started practices for this year's baseball season so no rained-out games yet. They will happen though. I photographed a football game in a downpour (when I was under cover) and the pictures looked awesome with mud and water flying all over.

I have new reach with a lens and TC1.4 so I cant wait to get out and shoot baseball this year.

Those are all great shot! The horse is very nice, like the color and the soft background. (Bokeh)

Number 4, bench, is that on Water Front Park in Portland?
Hey did you sprinkle water on that bench before you shot it? Never heard of rain in Portland...Haa

Last edited:
Number 4, bench, is that on Water Front Park in Portland?
Hey did you sprinkle water on that bench before you shot it? Never heard of rain in Portland...Haa

yup thats a Water Front bench. Right outside Saturday market. And you nailed it, I'm always out with a spray bottle looking to add raindrops to my pictures. In Portland we have so much sun it makes it tricky. :)

Last edited:
I agree with all the above comments.

I'm particularly fond of stream shots, one suggestion on the last one, consider using a polarizing filter to cut some of the reflection on the leaves. Your colors will have more punch and you will see a bit more texture in the water.

I agree with all the above comments.

I'm particularly fond of stream shots, one suggestion on the last one, consider using a polarizing filter to cut some of the reflection on the leaves. Your colors will have more punch and you will see a bit more texture in the water.

I will have to get a polarizer. I haven't been able to talk myself into spending $175 for one yet. I dont want to get a cheapo one either. I know B&H sells a B+W non-coated one for around $80. Nikon's 77mm is about $140, and the better B+W is $175.

What do you guys use?

Rain

yup thats a Water Front bench. Right outside Saturday market. And you nailed it, I'm always out with a spray bottle looking to add raindrops to my pictures. In Portland we have so much sun it makes it tricky. :)

I'm glad you caught my joke about Portland rain..LOL I lived in Vancouver 1983 and 1984, and I saw enough rain in one season to fill 10 years in Eastern Oregon.

I'v seen some plants blooming this month in Willamette Valley, from photos in here, maybe those blooms are from last year, we are still freezing weather and snow, we have to wait a while to thaw out here..

Yea I'm ready to leave the rain honestly. I was born in Portland so I know it too well. I'm setting up my studio because I can shoot portrait shots anytime. That bench shot was taken on a day that I was out for a portrait sesson and since I was out anyway I just kept shooting.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back