Special Olympics State Softball Tournament

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Special Olympics State Softball Tournament 2015

A few shots of my son Daren playing at the Special Olympics state softball tournament in Everett this past weekend. With a drought all summer long, it had to rain Saturday. :mad:

Fortunately the rain did not disrupt any of his games. Once again I found my 5DIII + "economy model" (no IS) 4.0/70-200L medium zoom to be the best combo for photographing this outdoor event.

Daren got a hit, but I think he is reaching too far for the ball to get any power. Probably a bad habit from tennis, where he must hit every ball that comes his way.
01.JPG

Daren is batting lead-off. I told him not to watch the ball when he gets a hit, just focus on running to first base as fast as he can. One of the many challenges a parent or coach must face with Special Olympics athletes.
02.JPG

Safe at third. Daren runs the 100 and 200 meter dashes in track, so it is unlikely the third baseman will catch him IF he runs hard (big IF) and keeps his foot on the base.
03.JPG

In left field. Daren is the Willie Bloomquist of his team as he played shortstop, first base, and left field in this game. His coach makes sure everyone plays and moves Daren around to cover the weak spots in the lineup.
04.JPG

The team receiving the silver medal for second place in their division. Next up: bowling, which starts in September.
05.JPG

Last edited:
S

stefan

Thanks for sharing some pics from the tournament. It looks like Daren has a competitive spirit.
Stefan

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com