Spider Webs

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although the forecast has been for sunshine the past week, it has remained foggy in Edmonds for most (if not all) of the days. Saturday (10/19/13) Terry and I made a brief trip to Yost Park to look for the resident barred owls. The fog was condensing on the tall fir trees, then falling to the ground like rain.

The fog also condensed on spider webs. While this web may not look unusual, it was at least twenty feet above the ground. I hope its occupant is not afraid of heights.
01.JPG

Some more spider webs up in the trees.
02.JPG

Last edited:

Terry O

Slim pickings indeed, but that's your job, Bill - document those conditions! :) There are some spider webs outside my office that keep tempting me to brave the fog
and take a few shots.

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is nearly two years later, but I'll revive this old thread rather than start a new one. Monday afternoon (10/5/15) I found a feather caught in a spider web below the #1 viewing platform of the Edmonds marsh. Terry will allow me to post one or two such artsy photos before initiating action to revoke my man card.

01.JPG

02.JPG

Last edited:

Terry O

Wonderfully dainty, Bill :)

Not to scare you though, here's a little more macho shot :) :)

Next to our hummer feeder - I think it is waiting for the next Annas...
10-2-2015 spyder _0590.JPG

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com