Started out as a Sunset Shot

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

While trying to set up for one of our now regular smoke-filtered sun shots, I though 'so what if some great bird comes and lands right in front of me?'.....the next thing I knew, this juvie Coopers Hawk landed on our arena fence just below me. (Canon 5diii, 400mm f4l 1/1250s f5.6 hand held)

As an aside, my pc desktop was dying, so I decided to go for an iMac....now the fun begins after using the pc essentially forever!
8-19-2018 juvie coopers hawk yard  7048.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good shot. If predictions hold true, that poor bird may be coughing quite badly if it tries flying through the smoke in the days ahead.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com