Steve's Best/Favorites from 2013

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Took me a while to sort through my 2013 shots.

Here's what rose to the top.

1) A night photo shoot at Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad. HDR image
IMG_0155_6_7-Edit3-7.jpg

2) & 3) HDR images of Tacoma's Union Station.
IMG_0944M1-1.jpgIMG_1115_16_17_18_19_20a-3.jpg

4) A sunset of an Amtrak Cascades train at Steilacoom.
IMG_1051-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

5) The Meeker Mansion circa 1955, in HO Scale at the PSMRE layout in the Washington State History Museum, built by a very fine modeler (among other things) - Bob Stumpf.
IMG_5459a-2-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
6) Into the Sunset at Angel Az, outside Flagstaff.
IMG_3388-Edit1-2-9.jpg

7) Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, AZ, an HDR image.
IMG_2615And9more1-2-8.jpg

8) A good year wouldn't be complete without a least one shot from my favorite bridge, Steilacoom.
IMG_3442_3_4-Edit1a-4.jpg

9) A weirdly foggy day on the Sound - Anderson Island Ferry.
IMG_5618-6.jpg

10) Sunset Falls, near Index, WA, good enough for publication. Day In North America 2013 - Railroads Illustrated.
IMG_5997-1.jpg

11) My son's first header (for his brain's sack, hopefully the last).
IMG_6379-14.jpg

12) My son's team mate in great concentration.
IMG_4462-12.jpg

13) Another team mate scoring a goal - 7 exposures.
IMG_3844-Edit1_sml-2-10.jpg

14) One of Mt. Rainier's better days.
IMG_7160-Edit-15.jpg

15) Gig Harbor from Vashon Island.
IMG_7668-16.jpg

Steve, I like your brand of photography. Thanks for going through your Best/ Favorites of '13.

'1) A night photo shoot at Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad. HDR image' Has been a favorite of mine ever since you first posted it along with, '7) Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, AZ, an HDR image.'

'6) Into the Sunset at Angel Az, outside Flagstaff.'

I'm wondering if you used some sepia toning on this one? Nicely done!

Chad

Last edited:
'6) Into the Sunset at Angel Az, outside Flagstaff.'

I'm wondering if you used some sepia toning on this one? Nicely done!

Chad

Chad:

Thanks so much. That's nice to here (read!).

Regarding the Angel shot, as I recall, the processing was mostly a substantial increase on clarity, a modest increase on saturation (which is lost with the increase on clarity), sharpening and a little bit of noise reduction. The sun was just a couple of degrees above the hills. The wonderful thing about shooting trains at that location (along the BNSF Transcon), is the incredible number of trains. If you get the light right, there should be a train along shortly to finish off the scene.

Nice group of shots Steve, well done! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back