Studio fun with Sara

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BrianH

Sara came out for an afternoon to shoot whatever came to mind with what he had available. Great fun setting up different lighting sets for different styles of shooting. great practice all are shot strobist style with sunpak 611 and 522, wireless triggers.

sara14-a.jpg

sara9-a.jpg

sara16-a.jpg

Love the hair in #3. Love the lighting in #2 but not sure I get the image itself, but that's OK since it is art after all. :)

I'm still debating about #1. The foot in front like that with a wider angle lens does break the rules, but I don't see that as a problem here. the image seems to be about her but her foot has a strong spot in the image. I guess it just confuses my mind. (that's not a hard thing to do anyway :) ) I do think that her back foot should be crossed over her outstretched leg so her left foot is seen.

Love the hair in #3. Love the lighting in #2 but not sure I get the image itself, but that's OK since it is art after all. :)

I'm still debating about #1. The foot in front like that with a wider angle lens does break the rules, but I don't see that as a problem here. the image seems to be about her but her foot has a strong spot in the image. I guess it just confuses my mind. (that's not a hard thing to do anyway :) ) I do think that her back foot should be crossed over her outstretched leg so her left foot is seen.

Thanks E, well the shoot was all about shots she had in her wish list.

The day before this shoot we did a boudoir shoot that I posted on PC.

The first shot was just play kinda steam punk with junk around the shop and I think it works well and your thoughts on having the back foot visible is right on the money good catch

The second shot was on that list, she had taken some aerialist training the summer before hence the shot. I thought the strong rim lighting and moderate fill would work well.

Shot 3 was clam shell style Glamour lighting we tried a bunch of hair flip shots and most her head would go to far back so in this one I had her practice flipping her hair straight to the sides and them just pulling her head up and looking into the camera.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back