Sunrise at 14 Degrees

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

steveeshom

With a day off today I decided to capture the fabulous sunrises I've been seeing for the last week or so. It pains me so much to have to drive to work every day looking at scenes similar to these and not be able to stop and capture them. Today was my chance to make up for that even with an outside temperature of 14 degrees.

4177364791_6dd87c03e3_o.jpg

Sunrise at 14 Degrees I

4177365051_af04a7472a_o.jpg

Sunrise at 14 Degrees III

4178125898_76e0bd971a_o.jpg

Sunrise at 14 Degrees IV

Steve, those are fantastic shots! I've been watching the sunsets too, and like you I wish I could stop and get a photo. I saw a beautiful sunset on Mt Rainier today, but alas my camera was at home.

By the way, how do you get to the location in the first shot? I tried to find it a while back and couldn't locate it. (I know it's east of Vancouver by I-84, but not exactly where it's at.)

Looking at the second shot, I suspect you're a lot further downriver than I thought and using a BIG lens...

By the way, how do you get to the location in the first shot? I tried to find it a while back and couldn't locate it. (I know it's east of Vancouver by I-84, but not exactly where it's at.)

All three photos are taken from what is known as Tidewater Cove. Tidewater Cove is on Vancouver's waterfront trail so anywhere you can park for the trail will get you there. I recommend parking at Wintler Park and walking the half mile or so back west to the cove.

To drive to the park from eastbound SR-14 exit at exit 3. At the end of the exit ramp turn right then immediately left onto Beach Dr. Cross the railroad tracks and either park on the left just after the crossing or inside the park (parking can be limited in the summer). Then walk the trail west 1/2 mile to the point that sticks out in the Columbia River.

This is a great location for sun and moon rises and of course sunsets.

I thought I recognized that location!!! My favorite spot on the river (in town) too. But unlike you, if I am not watching the sunrise on the way to work (like the last two weeks) I am fast asleep in bed.

Thank YOU for being a morning person so we can see shots like this. :D

All three photos are taken from what is known as Tidewater Cove. Tidewater Cove is on Vancouver's waterfront trail so anywhere you can park for the trail will get you there. I recommend parking at Wintler Park and walking the half mile or so back west to the cove.

To drive to the park from eastbound SR-14 exit at exit 3. At the end of the exit ramp turn right then immediately left onto Beach Dr. Cross the railroad tracks and either park on the left just after the crossing or inside the park (parking can be limited in the summer). Then walk the trail west 1/2 mile to the point that sticks out in the Columbia River.

This is a great location for sun and moon rises and of course sunsets.

OK, so I was in pretty much the right spot after all, I was at Wintler Park, but didn't know about the trail along the beach to the point you're talking about. I think I saw it and figured it was private, maybe part of those condos or something.

WOW!! That one is the best yet (imo). Especially nice with the log and pillar framing the mountain and moon. Well worth the chill, huh?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back